About Our Community
Flower City Cohousing Community—FC3 for short—is developing an intentional cohousing community in an urban setting. We value the sharing of resources, sustainability, and simplicity. We are committed to cooperation, consensus building, and diversity. In the larger community, we will strive to be a socially and ecologically responsible neighbor.
Our goal is to create a multigenerational community with 20 primarily owner-occupied units by 2018.
Our members include educators, retirees, business owners, artists, and others from diverse walks of life. We are gathering a community of singles, couples, and families. We value the ideals of cohousing for a multitude of reasons.
Our community will:
- welcome families and individuals of all ages
- enable daily human contact without driving
- feature Rochester amenities within walking distance
- incorporate ecologically sustainable principles in its design
- provide exposure to diverse interests and ideas
- assist each other when extra help is needed
- share such items as seldom-used kitchen equipment, garden tools, art and recreation equipment, and musical instruments
- share meals together in the Common House on an opt-in basis two or three times each week
We anticipate opportunities for lots of spontaneous celebrations of life’s joys!
How can I tell if FC3 is right for me?
Click here to read a few questions that might help you sort it out quickly!
I’d like to meet your members!
I’ve still got questions …LOTS of questions!
And we have answers! Read our FAQ page.
Okay then. How do I get involved?
We thought you’d never ask! Click here for all the details.